I’m feeling rather down today as it’s been a bad couple of days pain-wise, so I thought I’d remind myself of all the pleasure I get from the small things in life. These are all things that fibromyalgia can never take from me.
Finding Pleasure in the Small Things in Life
- Stop and smell the flowers
- Play fetch with my dog and laugh when he jumps to catch the ball in midair.
- Enjoy a bowl of ice cream with extra chocolate syrup and cherries
- Take a walk before dusk
- Enjoy the sunset. I love sunsets in the mountains.
- Pet my dog, and watch his tail wag. He just has a stump, so it always makes me smile.
- Kiss my husband
- Listen to the sound of a good rain.
- Walk to the creek near my house and listen to the sound of the water babbling away.
- Read a good book
- Laugh at a good joke
- Sleep late on the weekends
- Eat chocolate. I love chocolate of all kinds.
- Enjoy a good cheeseburger. Even if I can’t have the bun now that I’m gluten free, a good burger is still awesome.
- Enjoy a long, hot bubble bath
- Take a nap
- Sushi – I love sushi.
- Have lunch with my friends
- Eat a strawberry fresh from the garden
- Relax on my deck and feel the breeze on my face
I know I could continue adding to my list, but these 20 are enough to put the smile back on my face.
What are some of your favorite simple pleasures in life?